The CSIS event addressed the dynamic national security space landscape, which includes the release of the Trump administration’s fiscal year 2019 budget, the evolving threat environment, and changes in the organization of the national security space enterprise.
Confirmed speakers included:
- Representative Mike Rogers, Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee Subcommittee on Strategic Forces
- Representative Jim Cooper, Ranking Member of the House Armed Services Committee Subcommittee on Strategic Forces
- Maj. Gen. David D. Thompson, Special Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Space Command
- Dr. William LaPlante, Senior Vice President, The MITRE Corporation
- Dr. Jamie Morin, Vice President and Executive Director of the Center for Space Policy and Strategy, The Aerospace Corporation
- Dr. Thomas Karako, Director of the Missile Defense Project, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Mike Tierney, Jacques & Associates
CSIS experts included:
- Todd Harrison, Director, Defense Budget Analysis, Director, Aerospace Security Project and Senior Fellow, International Security Program
- Thomas Karako, Senior Fellow, International Security Program and Director, Missile Defense Project
- Sean O’Keefe, Distinguished Senior Adviser (Non-resident)
This event was webcasted live on the CSIS web page.
About the Center for Space Policy and Strategy
The Center for Space Policy and Strategy is dedicated to shaping the future by providing nonpartisan research and strategic analysis to decisionmakers. The Center is part of The Aerospace Corporation, a nonprofit organization that advises the government on complex space enterprise and systems engineering problems.
About The Aerospace Corporation
The Aerospace Corporation is a nonprofit corporation that operates a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force. With expertise that encompasses the entire space domain, as well as non-space areas, Aerospace responds with agility to challenges posed by complex, technology-based projects and delivers innovative solutions that assure mission success. The Aerospace Corporation is headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., with multiple locations across the United States.
For more information, visit www.aerospace.org. Follow us on Twitter: @AerospaceCorp.