The Aerospace Corporation is a nonprofit corporation that operates a federally funded research and development center for the United States Air Force. Aerospace applies its considerable technical expertise to solving problems for other federal and international agencies, states, nonprofit organizations, and commercial customers. The company also provides unsurpassed levels of support to both immediate and long-term military and intelligence space programs, along with other programs of national significance.
Procurement is located at our El Segundo headquarters facility. Aerospace strives to approach supplier relationships as alliances that influence the success of our research programs. Existing and potential suppliers are encouraged to present innovative ideas and technologies.
Aerospace is committed to ensuring that capable businesses of all types are eligible for meaningful subcontracting opportunities. Aerospace is committed to responsible business practices, and our procurement personnel consider multiple factors in determining which businesses to ally with, such as experience, financial stability, and technical qualifications.
Our Business Practices for New Suppliers
We are continually looking for new suppliers who can offer us the best value and strongest solutions to our customers’ needs. Potential suppliers of all sizes should email the Small Business Liaison Officer as their initial point of contact at Aerospace.
How We Can Work Together
If you are a small and/or diverse company interested in doing business with Aerospace or wish to be considered for future opportunities, we suggest the following steps to introduce your company to us.
- Enter your company profile into the U.S. government’s System for Award Management (SAM) database. SAM replaces the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) database and incorporates the PRO-Net and Small Business Administration’s (SBA's) online databases of small, disadvantaged, woman-owned, Historically Under-Utilized Business Zone (HUBZone), and veteran-owned companies wanting to do business with the federal government or its prime contractors.
- Register your company with Aerospace’s Supplier Profile database by completing the downloadable profile with your company’s details. Attach any relevant marketing materials and either email the Aerospace Small Small Business Office or send via regular mail to the address listed on the form.
- The SAM and Supplier Profile databases are used by Aerospace procurement, engineering, and other departments to search for suppliers whose capabilities match potential bid opportunities.
Certifications and Organizations
Aerospace supports local, state, and federal supplier diversity initiatives; certifications; and classifications.
- Service-disabled veteran-owned
- Small disadvantaged
- Other small socioeconomic concerns
Small Business Supplier Relations
Aerospace highly encourages and recognizes membership in the following three organizations, although membership in these organizations is not a requirement for doing business with us.
U.S. Small Business Administration
The SBA business development program has three certifications to help small businesses compete in the American economy and access the federal procurement market:
- Small Disadvantaged Owned Businesses (SDBs)
- The Aerospace Corporation is a prime contractor of the federal government who supports and recognizes these three certifications.
National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
The NMSDC is a business membership organization that networks more than 15,000 minority-owned firms and 3,500 member corporations seeking to purchase goods and services. NMSDC has more than 39 regional councils across the country.
Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
WBENC is an organization formed to advocate and provide growth and development opportunities for women business owners. WBENC is a national third-party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women.
Terms and Conditions
Aerospace has numerous contracts by which suppliers must abide in order to do business with the company. Once a supplier is approved, Aerospace will provide specific terms for our purchase orders.