In this new space era, commercial space companies are bringing new and innovative ideas to the space community. Their unique startup culture has also brought immense enthusiasm, rapid innovation, and more cost-effective solutions to access space. The U.S. Government intends to leverage the success of commercial space to maintain the domestic leadership role in space capabilities. However, there are concerns with over-regulation and unclear processes to operate in space responsibly. How can we use new space technologies to address the persistent and complex problems in space? How can we address space traffic management issues in light of the democratization of space, new launch capabilities, and advanced space situational awareness?
Join the Center for Space Policy and Strategy to hear from a panel of policy and technology experts about these emerging issues. Panelist will also discuss how new technologies, such as GPS transponders, autonomous systems, and artificial intelligence, will revolutionize space as we know it.
RElevant Policy Papers
- Assuring Operations of Autonomous Systems
- The Policy and Science of Rocket Emissions
- The Policy Compliance Roadmap for Small Satellites
- In Your Space: Rendezvous and Proximity Operations Lessons
- GPS Transponders for Space Traffic Management
- Space Traffic Management in the Age of New Space
- Public-Private Partnerships in Space
Relevant Fact Sheets
- Center for Space Policy and Strategy
- Aerospace Overview Fact Sheet
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles