Professional ethics are fundamental to Aerospace’s mission, informing the trusted position we have held with our sponsor and customers for more than 60 years as an independent and objective agent, free from conflicting interests and priorities.
This critical standard extends to our valued employees and our absolute commitment to providing them with the safest possible working conditions in the face of an unprecedented pandemic. Aerospace has taken health and safety measures to the next level by adopting the highest possible protective and preventive measures to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees, their families and greater communities.
Even before statewide initiatives were imposed, Aerospace quickly implemented comprehensive and proactive initiatives to minimize employees’ exposure and health risks related to COVID-19. Leaders at Aerospace assembled a cross-functional team dedicated to addressing issues and concerns relating to COVID-19 and ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all employees. These initiatives include:
- Rapidly transitioning the majority of our personnel to telework, to enable them to safely work from home
- Offering employees a reimbursement allowance for work materials and office equipment to facilitate teleworking
- Mailing employees a care package containing personal protective equipment, to further protect them off-site
- Providing regular, direct communications from management regarding COVID-19 safety initiatives
- Creating an up-to-the-moment COVID-19 information resource accessible to all employees 24/7
- Installing state-of-the-art, Aerospace-developed screening mechanisms to protect on-site employees
- Creating a weekly contact tracing form linked to payroll, to encourage consistent and reliable data collection
Aerospace prides itself on maintaining the highest ethical standards at all levels of operation. While the COVID-19 pandemic has created a unique challenge to business, it has also yielded important insight related to the health, safety and economic survival of our employees in a post-COVID-19 world. Going forward, this insight will enhance our commitment to corporate social responsibility, while ensuring our ability to face future challenges undeterred.